A Quantity surveyor (QS) is an expert working inside the development business concerned about Project costs. The various activities shall require:
1. Planning of the work and records, BOQ
3. Analysis of Rates with Quotation based on Market Rates
4. Preparation of Tender document, mentioned special and general condition of contract
5. Analyzing comparative, preparation & costing for tenders.
6. Subletting head wise work distribution to subcontractors
7. Award of work with specific condition of contract
8. Comprehensive SHE management
9. Distinguish, break down, create reactions to dangers
10. Checking QS work during Post award
11. Preparation of Running & Final bill
12. Preparation of Extra, Substituted and Deviation items Quantity Surveyors work consist with planners, lenders, engineers, temporary workers, providers, venture proprietors, protection financiers, specialists and Courts. Quantity Surveyor prepares Final Amount after preparation of Bill of Quantities.
QS Typical Work Activities:
A surveyor calculate every single related expense with the goal that organizations will be all around well known & educated about how much each part of their building will cost and the territories where they can limit their expenses.
The surveyor takes a view at the development procedure and decide Standards and Regulations in consultation with other consultants to meet least statutory building guidelines keeping in mind nature & requirement of building.
Obligations during Tendering.
A. QS is also To build up the expense of establishment, materials and workmanship and to turn out with a well – arranged criteria which is useful to both the organization and the primary contractual workers for every individual task that the organization is taking care of.
B. To plan contracts for activities by expressing obviously the terms and conditions, examining and comprehend the agreements with special & general condition of contract.
C. Preparation of agreements and arrangement of agreements related records.
D. Sourcing and buying of materials and related items required for construction.
E. Prepare contact with specialist work.
F. Monitor Construction Cost during Construction.
G. As an advisor, QS check and control development costs, from the achievability phase of an undertaking through to the fulfillment of the development of work time frame.
H. After the work is finalized, it shall include documents with expense devaluation plans, substitution cost estimation, scope of work change & preparation of Final document.